Colloquium: “Welcome and Summer Research Presentations” – September 2, 2021 at 4 PM
George P. Williams, Jr. Lecture Hall, (Olin 101)
Thursday, September 2, 2021, at 4 PM
Video Link will be available if needed
To obtain the video conference link, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Back to in-person Colloquiums!
A reception will be held in Olin Lounge* at 3:30 PM prior to the colloquium. All interested persons are cordially invited to attend.
* We encourage all to wander out to the front entrance of the building or up to the Observatory Deck on the 3rd floor to enjoy their refreshments.
The purpose of this first seminar is to help new, returning, and prospective students (including both undergraduate and graduate students), faculty, and staff to become acquainted with each other and with the Physics Department.
Student Research Presentations
Arina Yu (O. Jurchescu, Mentor)
Caleb Sawyer (M. Guthold, Mentor)
Leon Lu (G. Cook, Mentor)
Zach Scofield (P. Anderson, Mentor)
Professor Natalie Holzwarth
Professor Dany Kim-Shapiro
Department Introductions and Announcements
• Introduction of Physics Faculty and Staff along with overview of the department
• Special programs — SPS, Affiliated Centers and Collaborations
• Introduction of Physics Majors/Minors and Announcements (such as honors in physics)
• Meet our Physics Graduate Students and Grad Program Announcements
• Comments on Physics Colloquium Series